Sunday, August 28, 2011

I want (no, I need) to hear from you!

I’ve decided to wade a little further into the deep waters of technology and social media!

I think that government works best when everyone talks to each other, and I want this blog to do just that—to facilitate communication between my constituents and me and my constituents and each other.

In the past, I worked for a guy whose motto was “No News Is Good News.” He meant that not hearing from him said I was doing a good job. Government, on the other hand, doesn’t work that way. As a state representative, no news doesn’t tell me you think I’m doing a good job. If I don’t hear from you, I’m concerned that you may not know who I am or you don’t know how to contact me. I wonder if you think your opinion doesn’t count. Could it also be you are so busy with your life that what’s going on in government is simply underneath your radar?

I would like to use this blog as a way to address those issues and to provide a mechanism for us to share ideas and information to make our world a better place.

Come along, and let’s help each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment